Guidelines for bank giro credits
For the design and production of bank giro credits
Using company cheques safely
It is essential to check that any bank giro credits (BGC) printed, part-printed or issued by your organisation has been produced in accordance with Standard 3.2 – Automated Processing of Vouchers (Credits). This includes BGC base stock, on to which the full code line is subsequently added.
These best practice guidelines have been produced to assist:
- Businesses who print their own BGCs
- Printers who produce BGCs for their customers
- Certified BGC printers
- Members of the Cheque Printer Accreditation Scheme (CPAS).
BGC ‘printing’ is defined as one of the following:
- Printing BGC base stock and full code line
- Printing BGC base stock only
- Printing full code line onto BGC base stock supplied by a certified BGC printer or a member of CPAS.